WWF is hiring a Responsible Supply Chains Lead for Forests Forward
Posted on 15 February 2023WWF seeks an experienced and passionate individual to serve as the Responsible Supply Chains Lead, Forests Forward for WWF’s Forests Forward programme. This is an opportunity to be a key part of WWF’s Forests Forward Team, scaling private sector action for landscape-level impact.
The Responsible Supply Chains Lead, Forests Forward will report to the Global Forests Forward Lead and act as the main technical expert in the team. This position will provide technical leadership, coordination, and support to WWF’s network teams and within its forest sector platforms and partnerships to ensure that WWF is engaging from a strategic and informed position on core issues and setting down appropriate and ambitious scopes of work. And in addition, will also participate in external fora and collaborations, to advocate for actions by the industry to promote better outcomes for forests, people, nature, and climate.
- Provide technical support to WWF Forests Forward and WWF partnerships, to help advocate, design, agree, and monitor participant or partner activities and as appropriate manage related partnership projects.
- Ensure high quality of related partnership (field) projects, including technical support of Project Implementing Offices in project development, implementation, reporting and evaluation according to quality standards (WWF Network Standards, PPMS & ESSF).
- Responsible for keeping abreast of the forest sectors most important topics from a conservation and sustainability perspective, with emphasis on pulp and paper and packaging, and leverage this knowledge.
- Interpret and apply analysis from market information and news, and translate this for network teams to increase effectiveness in the design and implementation of WWF interventions for sector change via WWF network offices engagements.
- Support and advise on the development of specific projects for piloting and/or delivering broader forest impact investments.
- Provide coordination and technical support and advice to the WWF offices working on sectoral issues, and their engagement with sector players.
- Help network offices to advocate for, design, agree, and monitor Forests Forward participants and partners activities.
- Promote engagement and coordinate WWF representation at key fora and collaborations with external partners.
- Manage consultants and other external parties.
- Develop and manage strategy, work plans and budgets.
- Proven and relevant professional experience in the global forestry sector, forest conservation, environment, sustainability – preferably oriented toward expertise on pulp, paper, packaging, and corporate sustainability.
Required skills & competencies
- Direct experience in convening and coordinating virtual communities in an international environment (particularly an NGO).
- Direct working experience of partnership relations management, with diverse external stakeholders in the environment, corporate and government sectors.
- Aptitude for engaging and influencing strategic corporate players towards positive change.
- Deep experience in forest sector project development (expert in ecological and social KPIs etc,)
- Excellent track record in deliverables management, monitoring, and evaluation
- Familiarity with use of ArcGIS for spatial data mapping and analysis from multiple data sources and types, including access of both proprietary and public information and spatial data layers preferred
- Ability to work autonomously
- Decisive, clear thinking, analytical skills
- Effective knowledge sharing, communications & collaboration
- Excellent written and oral skills in English, and any other languages an asset
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: courage, collaboration, respect, integrity
Working RelationshipsInternal – Works closely with the WWF Forests Forward Lead and Team, Forests Practice Leader, Deputy and Core team, Practice Experts, forest focal points, WWF country offices, Partnership Account Managers and Leadership team. Maintains close liaison with other Practices as relevant.
External – Key individuals/counterparts in potential and existing Forests Forward participants and WWF partners
How to ApplyIf you wish to be considered for this position, please send the most recent English version of your CV on or before 26th February. All information will be treated in the strictest confidence as we pride ourselves on our professional service.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.